View Single Post
      10-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
Candide13
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
With the coil over conversion you can corner balance the car which is always a good things and lower the car. Had the ground control coil over conversion and liked it.

Might speed up wear and tear on stock suspension but it's a good inbetween before committing to a Motorsports coilover like MCS.
Thanks for the hints! I should have made clear that I am completely ignorant about what handling benefits might come with a coil-over kit. My mod strategy has been to focus on the nut behind the wheel, and only modify hardware when it becomes measurably necessary. That meant Stoptech street/track pads and better brake fluid from day two, a set of track wheels and track tires in year two, finally NT01 R-compounds and PFC-08 endurance brake pads another two years later. The camber plates are indicated now because of the cording of the NT01 that are otherwise still good, so that is the next step.

But I was intrigued at the modest price difference to the GC coil-over kit, which looks attractive. But I'll probably stick to camber plates for next year, given my ignorance of the whole suspension tuning area.

Last edited by Candide13; 10-01-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0