05-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #33
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Sounds like a used 335i. If you can't stretch your budget by 5k-10k, are you sure you can handle paying for anything that may go wrong with an out of warranty car?
exactly.

its one thing to afford the price of the car, another to afford its maintenance and its insurance. 335i vs m3 for insurance is slightly different and vastly different if there is any prior tickets on record.

tires are also pricier than most 335i's as we have 19" wheels more than frequently it would seem than 18"

lastly you have gas expenses. 335i = good on gas and good on performance
m3 = terrible on gas and great on performance - i fill up about once every 4-5 days and i drive under 40 miles to and from work on the highway each day and factor in 10 miles of additional things for errands and food. so 50 miles a day and i average around 200-225 miles per tank.

take the advice of others and wait for a little higher spending allowance or get the 335i which is an awesome car.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0