View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #47
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
My first BMW was a e28 (535 is) now driven by a family member (photos in my garage we never will sell that car).

I first fell in love with a e46 2002 M3 in 2004 and after test driving it I could not get it out off my mind and just purchased it. I drove this car for almost 7 years and after I sold her I dearly regretted my actions. When I sold that car I had an e85 Z4 30is in the garage, since I always wanted a convertible.

Then the retractable hardtop on the e89 came out and I just had to have it for a planned trip across the USA to the west-coast. So the e85 got traded in for a e89 Z4 35i. While the trip across the US was a joy the e89 turned out to be a great disappointment. I will say only this that I hated the RFT and I lost 2 rear wheels to cracks in the wheels and both wheels had to be replaced (one under warranty the other I paid for it).

So with fears of wheel cracking in the back of my mind, the memory of my former e46 I naturally got back into my now e92 M3.

Do I have regrets, no way. I don't track my car, I drive the M3 for the following reasons,

1) I simply like the quality and the solid near the road feel & feedback of a BMW.
2) I drive it for safety (my e46 once saved my life) having the power when needed.
3) As others stated not too many people know it's a P car therefore it draws less attention.
4) It is the only BMW car (made now) not having Run-Flat-Tieres.
5) I can fold the seats down in the back and shop at Home hardware if I want to.
6) I can drive it year round and enjoy the car rather then hide it in the winter under a cover.

Having said that, will I replace her with another, too early to say let us see what the ///M Division is planning to roll out. If the next M3 comes out with RFT then my attention will be in the direction of a C6.3 AMG.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0