View Single Post
      11-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #42
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Dinan claims 23 hp from cat removal and tune. Maybe that's a little conservative. I think AA was around 30hp. Robert just noted a best effort of something around 391 hp. You claim +67 hp to 407; no small difference.

There are a lot of people here with a vested interest in promoting snake oil. There are even more people here who need to justify their expenditures on snake oil.

All the reputable vendors claim realistic numbers for bolt on horsepower. You are double their numbers. I can't bring my numbers to the table, because I'm not going to waste my time and money chasing shadows.

And yes, I did use to tune with a timing light, but now I use my laptop to log data from the obd port. If you followed the DCT lag thread you might note that I was the only person to actually record an episode of the transmission lag. So I'm not a total curmudgean.
It's fun being one of the first to release something like this publically because all the green M3 guys go by conservative manufacturers will jump in and say "I think AA claims 30." But thanks for proving what I said.

FACT: I was mostly impressed with DLJS5 and JonMartin's and Vic55's, Shaunt's results when I was coming out of my modified E46 M3 back in 2008. After purchasing the car - I mimicked their setups and 2 years later got.....similar results. If you want your eyes opened google their names, dynos, setups, builds, track results, youtube comparison videos. Sometimes you need to read in between the lines and not a vendors white paper to find the results you desire.

Let's be serious here - I have no expenditure to justify on $90 bent pieces of aluminum or $80 air filter and clamping on some FREE sections of pipes.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Appreciate 0