View Single Post
      01-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Thanks much for your reply Elp - you are right about the rock chips in the desert my friend... I have a silver-grey car as well, and had some custom body work done...primer was dark, and years later, it looks like the front of the car was blasted with a shotgun! In any case, I'll be lettin' you know the outcome of the other car tomorrow. Thanks again for your reply and honest descriptions...better than CPO'd in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
You'd drive east buddy. From my house to the Porsche dealership was 298 miles, so you have an idea. And also living in the desert southwest, I REALLY doubt you'd find a better car than mine. Only area you can do better than mine is in the front, due to rock chips. But a pristine one will look like mine in no time in your area . At least you wouldn't feel bad if you get a rock chip on mine . Oh, and an almost new Dr. Colorchip kit (the large one) goes with the car as well. Took some fresh photos today for an interested member, but nothing shows. The great thing about this color is the primer is almost the same, so hardly noticeable. If it was a dark color, it'd look like crap to me, since I'm super anal. Now that it's not pristine anymore, I'm not afraid to use it. I babied it for somebody else, like my wife says < he he>. Good luck with your hunt.
Appreciate 0