07-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #45
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Exactly. If you can afford to retire. Do it. I say do it with a caveat: Make sure you have some activities and hobbies lined up that will keep your grey matter stimulated.

I know some retired folks who did not have hobbies before they retired, or after. All the do is watch TV all day. That is not a life.
Yep, good point. I think it's a good idea to have a hobby or two that can actually result in income. That's what my dad did. Retired early but turned his hobby into something that pays. He builds and/or restores old antique radios (not exclusively but a lot) from the electronics (discreet) to refurbishing the cabinetry. Been doing this for decades and really knows his stuff. If you know anything about old tube amps and the like, they are super valuable. People will pay $$$ on eBay for tubes alone. He has a knack at finding them and knows their value. Lets just say he takes full advantage of what he knows because most people don't. Lol.

In any case, it keeps his mind and body busy and he's nearing 80 and still going strong and enjoying life. He lives comfortably off of his retirement money along with my mom and his "hobby" helps pay for their travels and other activities they enjoy.
Appreciate 0