View Single Post
      04-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #158
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Good observations. The capability of th GT-R on Döttinger Höhe has been discussed and debated intensely here on the forum by principally the folks chatting in this thread, myself, Bruce and footie. I even ran some simulations to back up my claims. In these prior discussions much of the debate was about the GT-R vs. both the ZR-1 and ACR.

Sounds like you missed that fun, most of the discussion/debate was here: link.
I did miss that. Not my intention to rehash an old debate if this has already been covered, but I happen to agree with your analysis. The GT-R's chief engineer directly confirms that the "7:29" GT-R hit a peak speed of 180 mph on that back straight so it's right in line with what you discovered in the video cut up.

It comes down to this: If you believe Nissan used a completey stock car for the 7:29 run, you have to to believe a 3850lb GT-R pushing 480hp, or even 530hp can accelerate even with a ZR-1, Viper ACR or Porsche GT2 above 100 mph. There is a mountain of test evidence which says this ain't happening. The GTR gets walked, hard, Dewey Cox style above 100 mph by those cars.

p.s., don't know if you've seen this, but here's the raw telemetry data from the "7:38" run. It shows an exit speed of roughly 106 mph onto the back straight ending up somewhere around 177 mph.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/87769-nis...-analysis.html

Last edited by Garissimo; 04-28-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0