Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [2.00]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Mikey View Post
+ 1 Mantis. I went with the Eisenmann sport in fear of the race being to loud. I think if your worried about it or even have to second guess yourself, then go with the quieter one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
I didn't know you'd gotten a chance to hear the Race in person yet.

Lots of people are thrown off by the name "Race", but in my opinion the sound is still very acceptable. Like a few have said, however, if you have to ask yourself if the race is too loud, perhaps it's best to stick with the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Eisenmann Sport all the way! Perfect sound IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Why would the transmission type make a difference in the exhaust sound?
i think i was wrong. i was playing the other night with a I6-powered E46 M3 with Eisenmann race. That car sounded 10x sicker than my car. i cannot imagine how sick it sounds on the V8. for that sound i'd live with a noisy cabin and drone. wow that sounded so sweet.

no Ilia, i have not heard E9x Eisenmann race, but judging from 335's and E46 and other versions Eisenmann produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
The way the guy at WheelSTO explained it was that there is a tendency for RPMs to be lower on DCT cars rather than 6MTs. I realize that's a sweeping generalization on his part, but I can see his point. When I have owned MTs in the past, I tend to "race" the engine more than I do on automatics/SMGs/DCT. He also said that he had a couple of customers that had DCTs that reported the same type of drone at lower RPMs.

The only reason I give his statements and observations any credibility is because he makes a living off selling Eisenmann exhaust systems and as a result has had countless conversations with customers owning both types of transmissions (DCT & 6MT) and both types of exhausts (Race & Sport). Beyond that, it's subjective at best.
we had a huge debate last year about this, and Eisenhaus was claiming AT cars will be louder and have much more drone and basically sound like ass compared to 6MT. i didnt buy it. we kept on debating. after i almost go convinced we found out Eisenhaus was only trying to cover up for fake exhausts they were selling. so i still dont see how transmission type makes a huge difference in exhaust. why doesnt it make a difference with stock exhaust?