12-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #9
dime.m3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
Update - I've had some interest, and an out of state buyer got a PPI. I learned that the side of the car was painted (not just the rear qtr) so I followed up with the dealer that sold it. They told me the car had a big scratch on that side and they painted the whole side to make sure the paint was matched and blended.

So obviously I'm annoyed but it is what it is.

Also, the report said there is a valve cover gasket leak. However, this was already fixed and the dealership just didn't bother to clean up the mess. Also, this car burns a little oil like most of them do (around 1/2 qt every 3k-4k miles) The last time I topped up I forgot the cap off and drove with it which got oil in the bay. So there was some residue from that, but it's not a vcg or any other leak.

The shop also noted some surface rust on the bottom of the car where the steel bolts are, etc. (the car came from Chicago). The shop told me this when I first bought the car and said they'll know if there are any issues when the car needs to be aligned. I had the car aligned twice since then without any issues and the rust is superficial.

I'm putting these issues out because I want to be fully transparent. This is not a show condition car - it's a daily driver and has the normal wear and tear for a daily.

It has low mileage and is very sound mechanically and you can keep the warranty if you have any concerns (the valve cover gasket for example was replaced under warranty).

In any case, due to the above I am lowering the price by $1,000.
With who is the car warrantied with?
Appreciate 0