View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #84
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

I'll add my $0.02 FWIW.

First, I've lived all over the country and had licenses in several different states.
I've been able to stay clean for 3 years now, the longest run since I've held a license. Prior to that I was pulled over in excess of 50 times and have received at least 30 tickets, many of which were out of my home state. So, I look at this situation differently than others.

If you simply pay this and get caught speeding next month, you may be screwed. I NEVER count on ins companies not finding out. While the first one may not affect you, a little 9 over next month coupled to the first ticket is going to raise your rates.

Be careful what you plea. Your home state may interpret it differently than the state in which you received the citation. This is particularly true between NC and SC.

Regardless of the hard rules, all can apparently be bent. It's all about who you know. In your case, without knowing the right person, you need to get the right lawyer. VA doesn't give a shit about your safety. They want your money. By paying a VA attorney and the courts you've put more money into their system. Take advantage of that and find an attorney that will promise you that it will go away. As was quoted, typical rates are around $150. You mail him a check and your info and that's the end of it. You'll probably get a letter or email later with the receipt. End. Record is intact and your free to press your luck again.

BTW, having logged many miles across three counties, most of which were above the speed limit I will say this: VA and OH are the two states in which I will never speed. VA because they're super strict and you're not going to talk your way out of it and OH because they're corrupt dicks. But that's a different story.
Appreciate 0