Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstringer View Post
Hi everyone,

This question might sound silly to some, but recently I have become very interested in the new M3 sedan. I was originaly looking to purchase an M5 but frankly I don't like the new ones at all and I am not interested in maintaining an older car. So I looked into the E90 m3 and I really like the practicality of a four door sedan combined with the performance of the car.

Now the problem is I am 35 years old and just had a baby as well. I am planning to keep this car for a long long time, maybe even up to 20 years. I feel like the M3 couple is defintely geared towards a younger audience, but the sedan is a little more mature. But again that might be wishful thinking.
Should you move to a 5 series once you over 40? Does a 50 year old look ridiclous in a 3 series? I really don't know what the percepton is out there.

I really would love to know what others have to say about this subject and any comment is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob
You should do whatever you feel like and want. Don't concern yourself with the perceptions of others. That will lead to you getting something you don't enjoy as much.

No, 35 is not too old for a M3, coupe or sedan, IMO.