Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
are you loyal enough to stick around?

i agree that the politics never end. i am probably over reacting. it just seems that the politics are casting a shadow over the sport. why is the FIA trying to control team budgets? i don't see any team having a huge monopoly over another. it just seems like needless regulation. the FIA should exist to govern and moderate the sport, not to act as a dictator. i think it is good that teams are sticking together to fight the budgeting issue, but the FIA straight up saying that they'll just ban all the teams that don't go along sounds like czarist russia to me.
no way!
with the big teams gone....i'm done with FIA too....

the problem with FIA's budget cap....was they they gave a possible two-teir regulations (limit expense-more tech freedom OR unlimited expense-less tech freedom) this generates two sets of cars....some with more tech freedom (on design and aerodynamics)....and other don't....even with more allowance to spend money....it doen't create a fair playing field on the grid itself....

what FOTA suggests....is a gradual budget cap...like 150 mil euro in 2010, then 120 mil euro in 2011, 90 mil euro in 2112...or something like that....with just ONE SINGLE set of rules....no different technical rules for different teams.....