Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Truer words were never spoken.

You don't have to agree with the war to appreciate what our men and women in uniform have provided to this country. My grandfather marched with Patton's army through Europe, and some days I wish I would have served my country in a similar way. I say thank you to every soldier I can, and I'm always happy to buy them a beer. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but I am thankful for the job he did.
Where did you find that quote from? It's really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slke46 View Post
Wish his family my condolences especially during this time of year... its always sad to hear someone has lost their life trying to do something they believe in...
He certainly did believe in what he was doing, where he was going, and what he was getting in to.

I've been told that he argued for months with his mom about going. She didn't want him to, he said he had to go. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact moment I saw him last. I do remember him being very sure of making a life long career in the military.

When I called my friend, whose family is very close with theirs, he said his mom saw two soldier silhouettes at the front door. She thought Jeremy was home to surprise her. When she opened the door she knew something was wrong.

It's funny what memories pop back into your head when things like this happen.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. Everyone have a great weekend.
Appreciate 0