View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #29
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Buying what you can afford doesn't mean you need to stay away from credit cards, FYI...

With no credit history, you'll often have difficulty getting that mortgage or car.

Edit: missed your reply.

Oh I don't have fees on my cards either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Yes. 100% of financially responsible adults who use credit cards only buy what they can afford now, too. Except they reap the countless benefits of doing so as opposed to using debit cards or cash. I've never heard a compelling reason to use a debit card. One I have for my accounts with UBS defers charges until the end of the month, but even then...why use something which is a direct link to my money.
So can you guys school me a on cards then.

You use your CC to purchase what you can afford, then at the end of the month, you pay your card bill? How's that any different from paying cash/Debit card? Is it because by using a credit card, each time you swipe, the card company gives you a miserly 25cents or you earn "Points" to use in Hotels and Plane tickets?

The main reason i even stayed away is because of some people i've seen, they end up ranking a >$10,000 cc debt. I'm like fck that.

I have a decent amount saved in my savings account, all my bills are paid. And like i mentioned before, last time i checked my credit score, the median score was above 800.