View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #871
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvalor View Post
W/// Bro I just want to say thank you so much! I have been a long time M3 fan and after 5 years of saving I brought my first E90 M3.. It's my dream car and for the last 3 months its been my everything but a few weeks ago It started to go into limp mode and I panicked.

I found this article along with a few videos and I was able to complete this repair within about 2-2 and a half hours. I didn't find it to be very hard if you had the proper tools and this is legit my first time ever doing any type of work on an engine.

I have always dreamed of owning and working on M's and thanks to this guide I'm pretty confident I can tackle a number of repairs going forward if I have issues.

Don't even know if you still check this Forum but I would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! Car is officially back on the road with no errors and my baby is purring like the day I got her!!! Couldn't have done it without your help!
It's my pleasure, and I'm glad to hear that this DIY has helped so many people over the years!

Like you, it was my dream to own an E92 M3. I actually skipped class in college to watch the live unveiling of the concept car online. Funnily enough, like you, my TVA decided to crap out about 1 month into the ownership. Back then, only the V10 DIY was out so I had to improvise a little bit with the S65.

This is actually probably not the easiest DIY to start with and you did it in pretty good time. That's how a lot of us started learning, just changing air filters, spark plugs and oil changes. You're off to a good start.

Thanks for the kind words and enjoy your M!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0