View Single Post
      12-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #61
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Thanks!
The valves we chose are a tried and tested product and have been standing the test of time.
There is a lifetime warranty on the valves, you do not need to worry about failure.

The first test we did was an all night autobahn run. I ran this very car at between 150-170mph for 1-2 hours and then at constant high speeds from the end of Austria to France all through Germany.
Not many of you will be able to generate that much heat for that period of time.
If something is going to break it will break in a test like this.
Just to reiterate .... There is a lifetime warranty on the complete valve assembly and they are very easy to remove and replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Nice system.

I'm very interested in the longevity of the valve system. All of the aftermarket electronic "cutouts" are electrical (motors) and they all fail due to heat/thermal cycling (despite a lifetime warranty). OEM systems such as Ferrari and the other aftermarket BMW valve system use a pneumatic valve instead of electrical. From what I understand the pneumatic valves are really bulletproof from a maintenance and longevity period. Can you tell us a bit more about the valves you chose, why, what to expect for longevity and warranty?
Appreciate 0