View Single Post
      04-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #100
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInGeoje View Post
I know this is an old old thread but I'm new to asking for advice. I have a 2008 E92 M3 with a few upgrades such a Decat downpipes, Evolve Stage 2 tune, Venturi air box and filter etc. etc. Its done 80K now so I feel a bit of wallow in the back end on bumps as if the rebound is not sharp enough anymore and I think that the suspension is a bit tired. Still handles really well and I don't want to lower it given the 45 degree slope of my driveway and some Korean roads (Motorways are mostly flat smooth and amazing and I've had 280KMH on the clock without any real twitch or fear) so I don't want to junk the EDC with coil overs as I love the option of turning the EDC on and off. What would you guys recommend as a replacement spring solution?? And as a last minute add on - does sway bar replacement vs, stock make a big difference and what brand would you recommend if it does??
I keeping this baby, every imported part adds 10-20% to the MRP as only UK suppliers are willing to :"help" on the invoices not the US unfortunately but I want this as sweet as - cos I love this baby!
You mention the car starting to feel a bit of a wallowy situation in the rear and are likely correct to suspect your dampers based on the indicated mileage. Just want to point out if you are trying to solve this by going with stiffer springs that is is only going to get worse. Your worn EDC dampers will be even less capable of controlling rebound on stiffer springs and the wallow will tend to become more of a snap back following spring compression. Replace your EDC dampers with OEM or the Bilstein alternative mentioned and go from there.
Appreciate 0