View Single Post
      09-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #1186
mnnguy
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomanx51v View Post
I felt like I had the same issue as you. I was starting to doubt if I had installed it coded things correctly as well.

1. Make sure you have the wiring and coding as you had it in these photos. You did it all correctly the first time.
2. Physically hold the p2000 unit and make sure the fibre optic cable is coming into the unit straight in, no angle or strain on it. Use your own fingers to ensure the wires are tightly pressed in, no zip ties at this stage.
3. While this is happening, press and hold down the idrive controller knob for 10 seconds. It resets the p2000 and you’ll hear a relay switch and it’ll trigger the MOST connection in the p2000 to restart.
4. Within 5 seconds or so, where it says “unchecked” on your idrive in the screenshots will be replaced with Mr12volt and it should work.

If you’ve been messing around for a while like this it may be better to just disconnect the battery for a minute and reconnect it so that the idrive head unit/ amp etc are all powering up “fresh”.

If you find that this works but it’s flaky and temperamental and holding that most cable going into the p2000 in a certain position works, welcome to the scenario I found myself in.
You can read my earlier posts for what I tried to do to resolve it.
Thanks for the tips. I tried all the things that you did step by step. I did have the p2000 reset thru the idrive controller but still nothing works to fix it. This looks like I am going to return it, also seeing if I would be able to return it and try it with another unit.

This turned out more frustrating than I thought, even though connections seem so much simpler than the carsara unit ive installed in the past.
Appreciate 0