01-29-2023, 07:56 PM   #23
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
This may have been a problem Back then but I have friends with mkv supras and we switch cars sometimes to test our cars out. The supra feels like it handles better (is a bit sharper), but at full speed and when pushing it both cars remain planted at the same speeds. Maybe the supra has a 1mph edge in a sharp corner taken at like saying 90mph for example. They perform completely identical. The supra/z4 chassis is just phenomenal its basically better than f series m cars

Exactly. And I'm sure in America at least on the m40i they don't come with runflats.

The thing sits on 19 inch 275s rear 255 front thays basically f82 m4 wheels on a much shorter length height wheelbase car but with the same width as a f82 m4 and very close to the width of a new 5 series. It's phenomenal and I am a track guy and can confirm while the supra may get like lets say 1 minute 20 on a track at my best, the z4 would.get 1 minute 20.3 or something and I'm being conservative. The z4 is 99% as good as supra. The steering feels different but when pushed they stay planted at similar speeds no question and I have experience.pushing these cars to the limit
There's a lot that contradicts in here and I don't want to pick because I think it's due to your amount of passion that you have for your z4 as I do with both of mine. That's why I started by saying it's a bit of a bias opinion. again not trying to pick a fight or anything because I know you're passionate about what you've chosen for your car.

I'm still trying to dig up the E89/G29 torsional specs but so far I found:

MKV is right around 40,000nm/deg,

E89 states 25% more than previous, if we take that as the E85 comparison that takes it to 20,000nm/deg If it was compared to the E86 that'd put it at 40,000 so highly unlikely given the MKV.

G29 I can't find a straight answer yet, from looking I've found some saying the new cross bars add 20% more but saw a blurb stating 40% gain from E89 (based at E85 comparison for the E89) putting it at 28,000nm/deg but can't confirm that.

If some chance the E89 was comparing to the E86 that'd take the E89 to 40,000nm/deg and then the G29 to 56,000nm/deg at 40% so that's highly unlikely given the MKV is at 40,000nm/deg.

So as a recap just in finding what I could so far at a guess 28,000nm/deg G29 to 40,000nm/deg of the MKV. Feel is all based on a persons perspective so I wanted to dig a bit to see rigidity comparison numbers, with a lot of suspension advancements today that will come into play of feel vs what the cars physically doing.

I'm still searching for links with true numbers rather than just "25% more" "40% more" press release numbers so if someone out there has those links please post them up for any corrections to this comparison.
Appreciate 2