United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
That is absurd.

Are you really going to tell me if YOU, develop a product, learn a skill, or innately provide a valuable service, and you innovate and market that thing of value, and if EVERYTHING you do is directed towards realizing gain from that thing of value you don't have the same opportunity as anyone else? Seriously what on earth will hold you back or oppress you other than yourself?
That argument is only valid for whites. Look back at the history of the Americas. Modern capitalism in the 1500s? Not quite. Wipe out the natives then implement blacks to build the country. Once they established themselves as the hegemonic status quo, they can then say "equal opportunity for all"- knowing that this socially constructed idea will benefit them more. It's not like capitalism is a naturally occurring idea. Economic trade, maybe yes. But the idea of capitalism as an equal opportunity for all is socially constructed and is totally bullshit.

But again, you don't really think we're all equal with the same life chances and resources do you?
I dont understand how people don't get this lol.. In any class structure in a society where one group is above another, the group that is on top usually caries the benefits of being on top for 5-6 generations if something goes wrong for them I.e. lose money; and the benefits they have include things such as high end contacts which later help make even more money. Also the lower classes will usually carry the burden of being in the lower class for 5-5 years as well, the burden being of debt, poor contacts etc., besides the exceptions of over night millionaires or professional athletes. In my opinion this is by far more of a sociological issue then economical issue. And also in any class structure where social mobility exists, no one would work in harder fields such as being a doctor without a big reward other wise why would anyone work 20x as hard as someone working at McDonalds and get paid the same as them, it just doesn't make sense lol.. I'm a double major in Econ/Finance
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0