View Single Post
      02-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #17
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Another option is Chrome Remote Desktop. Its free and you just need a windows client running on the local network, in my case I can remote into my media server and then login to my router from there.

My router has WAN management options but unless youre running a static IP not much use.
You can use dynamic DNS. I have two domains registered with two different dynamic DNS services. One is with Dyn.com which used to be free. I've been using it for years and have much of my VPN clients configured to use the domain registered with Dyn...decided to keep paying for it. ChangeIP.com is another which is as far as I know is still free. I have a backup domain registered with ChangeIP.

Most consumer grade routers have support for dynamic DNS. You just configured your login credentials into the router. The built in client will report any new IP address assignment to your router's WAN port to the dynamic DNS service.

Been using dynamic DNS for coming up on 10 years without any issues.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00