View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #1268
theBeardd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 ZCP E92 M3

Brand new here to the forums. I'm looking at getting into a 2011-2013 E92 6spd Competition Package and have been looking on and off over the years, and again more seriously in the recent weeks.

Are there any other places anyone would recommend looking at besides here, autotrader, facebook marketplace, and regional scca forums? I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger just yet, but trying to do as much research as I can for market values so I have a ballpark idea of what is a good deal versus over-paying. For example, is 35-39k on the high side for a ~50k 2013 manual zcp e92, or is that typically what they go for? Or is that price reserved for a single-hump dash with even lower miles?

I did solo regionally with the Utah region from 2011-2014, took a bit of a hiatus and am just now getting back into it again. My short-term goal for next year is to be competitive in top 10 pax again for my region, and as I get better eventually to compete in more national events (including Lincoln). Long story short, my region has succumbed to massive venue loss over the years (like some others) and we have been reduced to mainly asphalt courses vs high-grip concrete that we used to have. The pax gap between race tire and street tire has been reduced even further, and I don't see it getting better any time soon. For now I'm going to work at getting my driving ability back to what it used to be for the rest of this season, and for 2021 hopefully start fresh in F Street in an M.

I raced a converted em1 turbo civic on 275 hoosiers in SMF for a bit back in the day doing a few pro solos and one match tour and did well locally placing 9th and 7th in pax for my region but never ended up getting to go as far as I wanted to with it before the engine started to let go, and life events got in the way of things. Now I've started to play around again recently with an 06 g35 coupe but have started to realize the platform can't even be competitive locally in STU with the likes of evos, stis, focus rs, etc. I lost interest in the civic because RWD has been more fun than FWD, even with less horsepower. Which brings me here looking into my next platform to get back into top 10 pax noticing how much the e92 comp dominates F Street, the softer pax index, and how much easier things will be on the wallet long-term with a stock class on street tires, whilst being able to daily drive the car.

I don't know, there's just something really appealing about a stock class car that I can drive back and forth to work and hoon around on the weekends, opposed to a street touring or street mod class where I'm constantly breaking/fixing things, or working on the car more than I would like to.
Appreciate 0