Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalFaster View Post
So... 285 Bridgestones.

Last year my car didn't rotate as much as I'd like under lift throttle even after I dialed out some rear camber, so this year I decided to switch from 275 Bridgestone fronts to 285s.

I was under the impression that 285s would improve the front-end grip, so at our first event of the year today, I was surprised to find that my car was really pushy in transition. As soon as I turned in, the fronts would start howling in protest, and the car would immediately settle into persistent understeer. Watching my video, I often had close to 180 degrees of steering lock dialed in in transitions, which was rarely if ever the case last year on 275 fronts.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Do 285s not transition as well as 275s? Do they just need a heat cycle on them before they come in? (This was my first event on them, but despite what some people say, I've never found Bridgestones to be bad in their first event. Maybe I just never noticed before since I'd previously run Bridgestones on all four corners, whereas this year I'm running Yoks in back.) Am I just rusty and overdriving the hell out the front end of my car?
Tested 285 square last year on 18x10’s at Mineral Wells
Yeah they need a heat cycle and scrub-in, but even still. It did not work for my car either. Main issue I had was them being too short for DCT gearing so opted for the 265 square Yoko’s. But the car is really under-tired on those I think for the weight it was at on the first set (3700lbs w/driver) I’ve lightened up the car on the current set I have but wear seems similar after about 20 runs.
275 Goodyear would probably be my next buy. But after driving them on the Vette this weekend the jury for me is still out on how I feel about their driving characteristics. I’m holding out hope of testing the new Falken in a 275 if they make it in stock by around August like I’ve heard.
Idk, with three cars to choose from for me to autox right now, STU M3 is on the back burner until we can get bigger tires I think. Index in Ladies class for me is an uphill battle. Good thing the setup still makes it a super fun track car and decently competitive TT3 car

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
CSBM52722.50