View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 12:04 AM   #1260
PedalFaster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP --> E92 M3 ZCP

So... 285 Bridgestones.

Last year my car didn't rotate as much as I'd like under lift throttle even after I dialed out some rear camber, so this year I decided to switch from 275 Bridgestone fronts to 285s.

I was under the impression that 285s would improve the front-end grip, so at our first event of the year today, I was surprised to find that my car was really pushy in transition. As soon as I turned in, the fronts would start howling in protest, and the car would immediately settle into persistent understeer. Watching my video, I often had close to 180 degrees of steering lock dialed in in transitions, which was rarely if ever the case last year on 275 fronts.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Do 285s not transition as well as 275s? Do they just need a heat cycle on them before they come in? (This was my first event on them, but despite what some people say, I've never found Bridgestones to be bad in their first event. Maybe I just never noticed before since I'd previously run Bridgestones on all four corners, whereas this year I'm running Yoks in back.) Am I just rusty and overdriving the hell out the front end of my car?