02-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #52
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
Cars looking as beautiful as ever Alex! Hopefully I can make the drive up to Toronto soon with my m3 and link up!
Thanks so much Ross, all good I'll be coming down to MPact this year to see you, Phil and Mitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
bunch of us in Toronto, you should!
Too many of us

Hey everyone, thank-you for stopping by!

This update takes place in October 2019.

Seeing as I’m planning to upgrade my Steering Wheel, I wanted to continue focusing my attention to the interior.

I was inspired with Michael’s (M3Post Member: "leemik") M3, with all of his rare goodies. I took particular note of his Shift Knob being Titanium. I have never seen a Titanium shift knob option for the E9X platform, so I quickly asked Michael about how he did it.

It turns out that this shift knob requires an adapter to use. I turned to DND Performance Interior for their BMW Threaded Adapter 12x1.25.

BACK TO THE SHIFT KNOB.

Here is a picture of it in Michael’s car:

Ok so this shift knob is made by renowned JDM tuner, Powerhouse Amuse. This is their R1 Titan-division Titanium Shift Knob. Price-aside, this is probably one of the BEST shift knobs money can buy on the market.

I had to stay true to my roots of pure JDM, so shout-out to Michael for getting creative and doing something unique in the E9X community; you definitely inspired me to make this happen for Sky.

I purchased the Powerhouse Amuse Shift Knob from Nengun, and it arrived safely in no time!

Please enjoy the pictures of the knob:

I then wanted to upgrade something on the interior that I recently saw and fell in love with. This is one of those mods that is tasteful, and can really make the interior POP…Coloured Instrument Gauge Cluster!

Here’s a picture of the one I saw online that caught my eye:

There are a couple different options available on the market, however I was most impressed with the quality of Venoxy Gauge Faces.

Why? Well for one, they are not stick-on covers but rather full replacements. I could even customize it to my liking with the correct instrument readings (KMs).

Bartek@Venoxy even offers some unique customization features like a Honeycomb backing look:

After talking with Bartek@Venoxy, we ultimately decided on this design:

Notice on the Speedometer it says “Sky”…I thought that was a nice subtle touch.

I received them back in October and they came with very well documented instructions that my mechanic will follow when he installs them.

Please enjoy the pictures:

Stay tuned for next update…something small arrived, but will make another nice subtle difference to the rear-end.

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
leemik509.00