View Single Post
      07-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #154
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Today I spoke with a marina/boat dealer when ordering a repair part for an outboard engine. The guy on the phone said they have never sold so many personal watercraft (waverunners/jetskis) as this year. Generally consistent with what I saw on waterways this weekend - loaded with people and boats, enjoying the great outdoors (and spending money).

This supports the notion that a collapse in prices is unlikely for discretionary vehicles, for example high horsepower German four door models.
I can second this. Local marine stores are short on inventory. Marinas are packed daily with boaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
Update#5If someone was on the fence about moving out of the city before all this, they are moving out now. This is evident by home sales going up and home builders selling out. That's a lot of people/families that didn't have a car or multiple cars and now suddenly need one or two. And that can change everything.
/Update#5
Second this as well. I am in real estate, new homes sales are through the roof. They can't build them fast enough. Overall home inventory is low and prices rising. Homes in my area are selling within days. Buyers from New York and California, just had a couple fleeing Washington. I have local clients that want to upgrade and sell now, but they have no where to go.

Last edited by hellrotm; 07-14-2020 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0