Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc640 View Post
dogbone - tell me more about Ultra chiller - vs typical cool shirt w big 12/24 qt box - Obvious diff is the size. How is the longevity of the "coldness"?
I was considering both Cool Shirt and Ultra Chiller. Currently, the UltraChiller system cools for about an hour, but they are working on a mod to the system that will allow it to cool a LOT longer. From what they told me, they may have the cooling upgrade in about a month or so. For me, longevity of cooling wasn't an issue because I'm just an HPDE guy who does some time attack.

Ultimately, the thing that really drew me to the UltraChiller was the canister that straps to my cage. I've heard the stories of ice chests coming loose and bouncing around during a bad wreck. That's the last thing I want----20+lbs bouncing around…..So, for me, the canister seemed better than an ice chest that's webbing-strapped to a plate. Plus you gotta undo all that stuff to pull the chest out…..blah…..The UltraChiller has a red top that simply screws off and you can scoop some water out quickly (or have drained it) and dump ice in and you're good to go.

I got mine with the optional power switch. Very glad I did that. It's nice to have the option to turn it off and on.

The UltraChiller shirt has the water lines extend out from the front middle bottom. Cool Shirt has the tubes on the side. Cool Shirt recommends cutting a hole in your racing suit pocket to get the lines out. UltraChiller has you unzip the suit from the bottom to get the lines out. I preferred the UltraChiller method. Cutting the pocket liner is perhaps not deadly, but it's still an odd mod.

I believe UltraChiller is a little less money than the same Cool Shirt system.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1