View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #1846
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
While it isn’t 100% confirmed by BMW, the 540d is no longer on the configurator.
That's definitely not a good sign, but I wonder if it could have anything to do with the switch from MY2018 to MY2019? It seems that there could simply be a delay in getting certification, if indeed they must rectify for the new model year (I believe they have to, but not certain).

Was the 2019 540d ever listed on the website, or was it only the 2018? I do see that they put the 2019 model into the order guide, so they had planned to offer it at some point in fairly the recent past.

Quote:
Pair that with the X3 diesel being confirmed earlier this year, to no news on it at all months later, and it seems BMW diesel is dead.
According to ynguldyn's latest update, it seems the X5 40d is still possible. I don't think the X3 30d has been completely ruled out entirely yet either, AFAIK. Of course, I do agree with you that the market for BMW diesels in the US is drying up. Perhaps it isn't quite time to bury them yet though (?).
Appreciate 0