View Single Post
      12-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #18
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

there are exceptional hospitals in all the major dallas cities, but the well known top hospitals are mostly in dallas and houston. stay away from public hospitals if you can, they are often slam packed busy 24/7 365 days a year.

we have a saying around here about texas weather...if you don't like it, wait 5 minutes and it'll be different. that's not too far from the truth.

spring means severe storm season, and we get some pretty nasty thunderstorms. the farther north you are, the higher the tornado probability. this is not to say that we're always dodging tornadoes, because that's not the case at all. i, personally, love the strong storms...i sit out on my balcony and watch them as they blow through. but overall, the climate in spring is awesome. many upper 70's and low 80-degree days with not a cloud in the sky.

summer is just hot. it can be as bad as 2006, where most of texas had 100+ days of 100 degree weather with no rain. that was one of the worst droughts i've ever seen. there were a few area lakes that damn near dried up. it was wild. we had all these "stage 3 water restrictions" where you couldn't water your yard or run any sort of irrigation. but that's just about the worst. an average summer has many 100 degree days, but usually just in the 90's. 90's are a guarantee for many months, august being the hottest month.

fall and winter are also very beautiful. 70's and 80's in the fall, 50's and 60's in winter...warmer closer to the coast. the coldest it ever really gets is freezing, but that rarely happens on the gulf coast. snow maybe once or twice a year in north texas...it's nice to have occasionally, but it melts within a day usually. even now, it was cold as shit earlier this week, it was 80 today.

oh yea, gulf coastal areas are hurricane prone. i rode out a couple in houston, although they really weren't bad like ike was. poor galveston got wiped off the map pretty much.
Appreciate 0