12-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #15
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
honestly, texas is just about the farthest away from recession of any state. (number 1 state to do business in, too!) the real estate market is much better here than i've seen elsewhere. a lot of this is due to the lower cost of living...you can get a gigantic new house in texas for the price of a 2 bedroom condo in any california city. this is not to say that everything is perfect in the real estate market, but you won't find whole entire subdivisions of foreclosures like i've seen elsewhere. property values are on the decline because of the sheer lack of qualified buyers, but that is advantageous to the buyer naturally. it's why i'm buying my first home right now

one thing about austin traffic...too many people, not enough highways. horrendous traffic. austin used to be a smaller city that has experienced a population boom in the past decade. the people kept coming and the infrastructure was never upgraded to handle the influx of people. (although they are doing a lot of road construction now to upgrade these roads. they just opened a new tollway that will help alleviate i-35 congestion.) nevertheless, it's your decision. austin is a beautiful city.

and why houston? there are millions of reasons not to move to houston, but only maybe a couple reasons why you should. no offense to houstonians or anything...i did my time in houston.

i'd be happy to answer any other texas related questions, i've lived all over this state my entire life! i love texas and couldn't imagine living anywhere else, besides maybe on a sandy beach somewhere! there really is everything in texas...we've got beaches, lakes, beautiful hill country, recreation galore, large booming cities, strong economy and job market, cheap gas, top notch shopping and entertainment, and oil

Thank you Blake ... I guess I read it wrong somewhere about Huston ...

It seems like traffic is something that you will always run into everywhere you go ...

What about hospitals ? I heard Texas has many nice hospitals and I think one of them was on the list of 100 best places to work for ...

I'll do some more research about Austin ...

If we decide to visit TX you will be our tour guide haha ...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0