PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Fox View Post
Had a kick ass track day at the FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park) up near Gainesville, FL over the weekend. Much different vibe than Sebring - Sebring has a more professional, big time feel to it where as the FIRM was just pure fun. You can really huck the car around here as there is only one wall to worry about and ample run off otherwise. Had some real fun exploring the limits. As expected the car ran like a damn champ yet again - no issues to speak of whatsoever outside of some worn out tires and brakes. Here are two of my better laps:

Any input on how to tell if my rotors are shot? I've got two track days on them and about 49k miles (assuming they're original) - performing fine but showing some wear - will have to check the size of the lip around the outer edge.
Have you taken a thickness measurement on the front rotors to see if they're still above minimum spec? If you're within a couple of tenths of the min thickness, it's probably worth putting on a new set for the peace of mind. You can also get a runout gauge and check the runout if you're experiencing any vibrations.