View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #1953
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebmwM3 View Post
I purchased a CarPlay Andream Unit (https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...ew963wadcpxccc) for a 2008 BMW M3 CCC system with Logic 7 extended sound, USB/iPod/AUX in center console. I tried to install but could not get sound unless I attached the AUX cable to center console AUX input. I have bimmercode and based on what I've read in these threads, I am trying to "code out" USB in center console so that I can run the system without running a cable into AUX in center console. Can you help me? Where do I go in Bimmercode to find these sections? I can't find them. Is this reversible?

What did you mean by:

"I tried to code it with the can cable as it is - this didn't work, the app couldn't connect to the headunit module. I then wired in the iDrive harness, connecting it to the can high cable (not sure if this really matters) and I could then code it."

What's a can cable?

I apologize for being so specific, I've never done this before.

Thank you in advance.
I am not certain if these coding settings will work for the CCC. It is a different piece of hardware and it would make sense that the configuration variables are not the same. In Bimmercode those settings should be in the expert settings, but I don't know that those are there for the CCC at all.

Cannyjock was referring to the Carsara unit which when connected to the Canbus/Quadlock connector on the back of the CIC unit prevents the unit from being coded, so it needs to be disconnected before coding can work.