View Single Post
      02-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Sky—The SS E90 M3 GTR: KMP, MK-Rennsporttechnik, Spage Sport, Varis, Volk, Vorsteiner

Hey everyone and welcome to my journal!

My name is Alex, and I own 2 of my dream cars:
  • 2013 Subaru STi Hatchback
  • 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Story behind me is back in 2011, I had a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta as a commuter car while I studied Business at University of Toronto.
Here's a picture of it:

My parents were going to gift me an e92 M3 as a graduation gift in 2015 when I finished the program...that never happened BECAUSE, I fell in love with Subarus.

I was so set on the E9X M3, but when I saw my friend's Subaru STi Hatchback, I immediately fell in love, and purchased a brand new 2013 Subaru STi Hatchback in June of 2013.

The Subaru—Gabby—has come a long way since I've owned it new.

Here are some pictures of a before and after:

If you'd like to see more of my 2013 Subaru STi Racecar, be sure to check it out at the following link:
Gabby the Nurburgring STi

Fast forward to April 2018, I needed a commuter car because clearly the Subaru is too obnoxious for daily driving
Being an Insurance Broker, I wanted a commuter car that had the following criteria:
  • Professional-looking
  • Sporty
  • 4 Doors
I immediately thought of the E90 M3! It helped because some of my close friends have E90 M3s too, so I got the scoop on the platform, and was very impressed.

So I scouted around and found a used bone-stock 2008 BMW E90 M3 in Silverstone Metallic with about 105,000kms (65,000 miles). It had a Sunroof, and most importantly was 6MT. The car had the brakes recently replaced and was fairly clean. It had usual wear for a 10-year old car (stone chips, etc), but the best part was that the tires on the car were from 2007!

This car was manufactured on March 07, 2008.

The previous owner was a middle-aged lady, and the car had a clean Carfax...seems legit. I took it out for a test drive, and the rest was history! I found that love again that was once stolen by my Subaru

I've officially deemed her name to be Sky.

Please enjoy the pictures of Sky from the day I bought the car:

I know a lot of people prefer the LCI Taillights, but I actually LOVE the Pre-LCI Taillights!

I plan to keep this car forever and funny enough, my parents made me sign a contract PROMISING that I won't turn it into a track monster like my Subaru Racecar LOL! I will eventually turn it into something notable within 10-15 years when I establish myself in my professional career...but for the time being, we'll keep things "light."

A quick list of things that will eventually need to be replaced in the near future:
  1. Tires
  2. Throttle Actuators
  3. Rod Bearings

Here's the face of one of the happiest men on this planet!:

For those concerned, my Instagram handle is @screamer The majority of pictures will be of my Subaru, so don't be alarmed if you are followed by a traitor.

Thank-you for stopping by and be sure to stay tuned as things progress with Sky.
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 02-06-2024 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 5