07-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #88
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I'm most excited about the Performance door sills. Haven't seen a set for sale in literally years. The whole non-M E8x/E9x Performance range was really rad, more than what they're offering now for the most part for regular models.
You and me both, swagon...stay tuned because in a few updates, I'm going to give the door sills the extra touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Ronald is the man!

Gonna be amazing once its all put together
Thanks Dinal, yes Ronald is the man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
in for feedback on that mfactory
Stay tuned, Feedback will be in a few updates

Welcome back everyone!

This update takes place between May and June 2020.

So as you all know from last update, I ordered all of my remaining Drivetrain Components to have the Ultimate Drivetrain setup for my M3.

I received everything and am excited to share the pictures with you…full review will be coming soon.

First up is all the way from Italy…IRP Performance Aluminum & Polyurethane Flex Disc (IRPFD-110). I saw this on Turner Motorsport’s website and knew I had to have it!

Turner didn’t have it in stock due to Italy being shutdown, so I looked elsewhere and contacted Alex@DriftHQ who was super helpful and had one in stock.

Excellent customer service, fast shipping, well packaged, what more could someone want…thanks Alex!

I’m not sure if this Flex Disc will flex as it’s CNC-machined aluminum, but it’s a solid unit!
I love how it incorporates polyurethane bushings for a nice upgrade from the stock option. Overkill…maybe, but who said this was going to be a basic build

This will pair up really nicely with my YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft!

So speaking of the YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, I wanted to purchase the do88 Ultimate Cooling Setup, but in case you forgot I have a really bad vibration coming from the car anytime I’m driving past 80km/hour.

It’s really pronounced, especially if I’m driving 120km/hour on the highway. When I press the clutch in while driving at this speed, the vibration disappears…super weird.

We’ve already ruled out it being the wheels, as I swapped my winters on and that vibration was still there.

I’m hoping it’s the stock driveshaft showing it’s age and it not being the differential…hence why I put the do88 setup on HOLD, and purchased the YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft.

Finally I received the Auto Solutions LLC U1ltra Kit Spherical Bearing Series Short Shift Kit.

As mentioned before, I was told by numerous friends and fellow M3Post members to contact Ronald@Auto Solutions LLC for my Short Shifter needs. Ronald was such a pleasure to deal with. Me being a new client, he took all the time on a Sunday afternoon to better understand how I plan to use this car.
You all know by now that I initially considered this car as a “daily driver” since I have the Subaru, but I’m sure it’s somewhat clear that this is my 2nd weekend car, and seldom gets driven. Given the minimal usage, why not go aggressive with selecting motorsport-grade parts––that’s my logic at least.

Anyways, this is a custom Short Shifter Kit tailored particularly for my intended usage.

It features the following specifications:
1. Custom Upper Lever to Accommodate Titanium Shift Knob
2. 19mm Height Decrease off OEM Upper Lever
3. 25% Throw Reduction
4. 95A+ Polyurethane Bronze Bushing
I’m super happy that everyone pointed me to Ronald’s direction, it was a fantastic experience and I would happily recommend anyone to him for their SSK needs.

Enjoy the remaining pics:

Finally, I got a little something up my sleeve that’s been due for a VERY LONG TIME!

What do you all think that is? Ok ok I’ll give you one hint:

1) Once it’s updated, it’ll make the car look newer.

Enjoy the pictures:

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the little teaser of what I just hinted to above…ok ok I’ll give you all a really crappy riddle “Cars and olives can sadly have this in common.

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 01-16-2021 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0