View Single Post
      06-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
portiadog
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Hehe, don't forget my earlier responses to you where I said "you made the wrong choice."

Those were really meant tongue-in-cheek. As I said, I would not own a 911 as a DD. But I personally prefer them over the M3 as a choice for a true sports car. The experience is a better one overall, imho. But this part: "This car was more sure footed than the Porsche ever could have been" is a total fallacy. That is FAR from reality. Although I understand it's based on your brief test drive and not years of experience with the car. So, it's not that it's incorrect, but simply because it's based on a naive understanding. And that's ok.

I already have a DD (E63 AMG) so that allows me to be bias towards the Porsche as a performance sports car. And a decade or two with P-car ownership. And it sounds like you did the right thing based on your description of your needs and the sort of driving you prefer.

Have fun and be safe.
I'd love to have the p car too. I'm looking at 993's and 930s right now as Sunday cars.

Maybe I should have defined the context of my statement more clearly. In road conditions where there is less margin for error than there is on the track, I got the impression that the M3 was much more sure footed, but I agree that it was a statement made from little seat time in the car.
Appreciate 0