View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
ching
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I'm seriously considering steering my father to the Tesla when his lease is up on the s550 4matic. 3 concerns I have are...

A) The range in winter (though he only drives about 40-50km/day)
B) Will he be able to handle a rear wheel in winter as opposed to 4wd that he's been used to... though I have a feeling the fact that weight is well spread out and lower to the ground on the Tesla will make it easier to drive than regular rwd cars
C) Resale value (is it possible to lease these at a reasonable interest rate)
A) Still researching range issue.

B) I drove the car at Blue Mountain, and the grip was surprising good because the car is heavy and the CoG is very low. It also had air suspension so you could raise the car in deeper snow. I felt the car was more stable than my M in snow, but I suspect your dad's car being a 4matic would be even better.

C) Have not spoken to a Lease company yet, but Tesla offers a floor price.
What is the Resale Value Guarantee?
Tesla’s Resale Value Guarantee allows owners to sell their Model S back to Tesla between the end of months 36 and 39, regardless of the loan’s term. The resale amount is specified at the time of delivery and is forecasted to be higher than any high volume premium sedan brand (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar or Lexus). This value is equal to 50% of the original base purchase price of the 60 kWh Model S plus 43% of the original purchase price for all of the options, including the upgrade to the 85 kWh battery pack (exclusive of taxes, fees, and accessories).