View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #44
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKixxon View Post
New C7 is awesome and no one seems to be denying that. It's also up against a 5+ year old M3 design. Let's wait and see how the new M3/M4 stack up...
True, but the E92 is already 3K over the C7's sticker as tested, and the new M3/M4 will likely carry a 80K+ sticker when you add a few options. That will be more than 10K over the C7's sticker.

Also, when the new M3/M4 hit the dealers, they will probably try to market it up or do MSRP for a while, but by that time you should be able to order a C7 with good discount.

Performance wise yes it's very interesting to see (I think the new M3/M4 will be closer to C7's performance figures, but still won't be that close), but when we see new M3/M4 on the street the market price of it may be 15-20% higher than a nice C7...

Not saying it's fair to compare the C7 with E92, but IMO it also wouldn't be fair to compare the new M3/M4 with C7 due to the significant price difference.

Another thing I want to see in the new M3/M4 is if it will have a new adjustable suspension system, the 3rd generation Magnetic Ride Control($2K option on C7) is MAGICAL. Tried it on a ZL1 and it beats any other adjustable/adaptable suspension systems I have ever encountered.

Appreciate 0