Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
The M3 is nowhere near the same echelon of the 911, especially the 991 and isnt a real competitor in any sense of the word. Even in another year or two when the new f8x m3/m4 are out and the 991 is 4 years old, it still wont touch the 991 in terms of anything performance related, but may come close to the same 1/4 mile. It will provide as it always does a great value and a great alternative given the need for space/practicality to a 911, but will never match the overall experience amongst a list of others things.. The 911 is the benchmark to which they (and all others) strive to achieve, and rightfully so.

Edmunds recently did a review of the 991S and the C7, and both were neck and neck in performance with the C7 putting down a faster lap time but the 911 being faster in a straight line. In the end, the 911 won because it is simply the best and the complete package of the 911 is something no other car in the world can touch. Is the same reason why two years in a row the 991S and then this year, the 991 4S beat out everything under the sun as the best driver's car in the world.

The C7 is a great value and great performer, no doubt. I personally would never buy one though.
I agree. I find it interesting, though flattering, that the car mags continually go after the M3. For a complete, streetable package, it's unbeatable. 991 is spectacular to just look at, for it's timeless design, inside and out.