View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #52
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Many people here claiming that the Lambo has a lot of reliability problems. Care to state which ones? I don't expect Honda levels of reliability, but I've always been curious if it is indeed possible to own one and DIY.

+1 I'd buy the Lambo (heck even my M3 with 08 Navi) for it's looks and performance. Technology comes pretty far down my list but that's just me.
You're missing the big picture though. There are huge costs associated not just with depreciation and maintenance, but also fuel, insurance, etc.

And even if you are DIY type and will save labour costs by doing your maintenance, that still leave the issue of parts and their cost. We all talk about the BMW tax and the ///M tax and what not. Imagine what the Lambo tax would be like!

Look at it this way. the BMW stealerships in canada want to charge me $1600 for a simple throttle actuator on a 2008 M3 (aka glorified 3 series). Imagine of the throttle actuator on that Lambo failed. How much would the stealership charge you just for the part alone? $3k? $4k? What if, heavens forbid, you blew the engine? That Lambo engine by itself might probably cost you as much as a new M3!!!
Appreciate 0