10-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I read this post with interest, and with at first, some degree of sympathy for your situation, until I got to the part that said "I reaffirm that I am an important customer".

I don't doubt that you were mistreated to a certain degree, but really......

My wife and I have purchased many, many BMWs from our local dealer. All of these have been top-of-the-line models - M series, or equivalent (i.e. - the old 4.6is X5...). I would never, EVER, "inform" anyone of my "importance".

Your "importance", is to be determined by your dealer. If for whatever reason, they did not perceive your degree of importance to be sufficient enough to merit that special treatment which you desire, then perhaps the problem lies not just with the dealer... just a thought.

Conversely, is losing a great dealer REALLY worth not just sucking it up for $35? We might wax lyrical forever about the principle of it all, but at the end of the day, perhaps it would be better to simply go over this with the service manager, let it be known that you are not happy with it, and live to fight another day. There is obviously a reason, or reasons for you having purchased so many vehicles from this dealer. Would that not overshadow this recent event?

Just my two cents.
Appreciate your opinion! However, I was not asking for special treatment.

Honestly, I was shocked at the response, whether I had bought 1 car or 50 from them. I use to know the general manager very well, and he would always take care of any issues that I had. My father and he were friends, and we have a long relationship with the dealer. Unfortunately, he passed this past year as well - not that long before my father.

Uncertain of who was running what or which way this was to be escalated, I felt compelled to make sure he understood that I am not just a regular customer and have gone out of MY way to send them business. Basically, attempting to allow him to do the right thing, which he should have done anyway. When the response to that is to ignore my emails and vmails and reaffirm the same thing, which makes no sense, then the outcome is clear. I have enough problems; I don't need car problems over $70.

I agree with you on speaking to the service manager. Unfortunately, he wouldn't return my calls and had Paul send me an email instead. There are now more dealers than ever for BMW in Pittsburgh, two of them are actually closer to me. I specifically went to this dealer because any issues were addressed properly and I received solid deals on cars. Since they will no longer treat me with respect (phone call) or take care of the issue ($70 LOL), I can try one of the other dealers. Really when it comes to sales these days, with the internet and car transport options, if you can't get a great deal locally, you can get it nearby. So on the sales front I'm not concerned either.
Appreciate 0