10-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #50
Lodaka
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I could almost bet my house that's not the issue. That's vibrate, not tick. If ticking is rhythmic with rpm, my money is on the bearings.

THAT is the $64,000 question, my friend . I'd make sure my car wasn't a guinea pig. If it has been done before, chances of full success are much higher. Still can't believe this is happening to owners of brand new cars, after 3+ freaking years of production. Unbelievable. Mine can be affected too as it has the 'old' bearings. But even new ones are failing . I feel for you guys. No more complicated cars for me after this.
I don't know if rhythmic is the word to describe it. As described earlier in this thread, it's irregular/erratic; there is no definitely no rhythm/pattern to it.

Truly though, as a former owner of 335i (with HPFP problems), I really hate to say it but I am used to this BS a little bit. If it's the bearings, then so be it. If there is a problem, then it needs to be fixed. My concern is how long the car will sit there at the dealership. At least I have the loan with me for now but I am growing a little tired of this...
Appreciate 0