View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdre View Post
I've committed the cardinal sin of letting a friend drive my bone stock e92 M3 which led him to inevitably start searching for an M of his own.

"Would you buy one with RBs already done?" he asked. Initially, I said YES, you don't want that looming over your head every-time you drive. But then thinking about this, I'm not sure that I would want to buy a car knowing that the motor has been opened and worked on.

I remember specifically looking for a car with no mods, no major repairs and a vanilla service history.

What's the general agreement here? If you didn't have your German V8 already, would you look for one with replaced rod bearings? Or buy one that is intact? Would you pay premium for one that had this service done? Or would it make you think twice that the motor has been tinkered with?

lol, cheers
Now that I know about the RB issue I would want to verify where the work was done and call the shop... I wouldn't pay a premium for it if the car met my criteria.

Otherwise at the time I bought mine I was just looking for unmodified, low mileage, 2011 or newer, with a nice spec. What attracted me to mine was that the guy had 5 other cars and they were all kept in a warehouse... and he was an engineer.
Appreciate 1
ccdre337.00