akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335drew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Yes in a day or two they responded via AliExpress messaging and sent the cable. Took 2 weeks I think? I tried to buy a cable on Amazon that would get here faster but it did not work. I think you could get a cable from bmw parts or fcp euro etc, but it's expensive. I assume from bmw the only safe cable is the CIC cable but I was never 100 percent sure.

However, if you got two cables that are female female instead of the male female extension cables I think you're good. The extension from Carsara out to the original CIC cable (pink) I think is unneeded.... it would reach without issue but I'm just guessing it would work. In my case I had no cable that could go from head unit to Carsara Input.

If you have the extensions like me I decided to just hook it up which meant Carsara worked for CarPlay but no idrive and no audio because I could not use the idrive to select aux input. I just left the trim on slightly loose and off for Hvac and head unit and listened to the engine while I watched for cops on Waze.
Not sure I understand how that would work in any configuration. In my situation I can’t connect the lvds from the box to the CIC unit.
The cable with the pink connector ( that I assume goes to the screen ) that went to the head unit pink connection instead can go to the Carsara output either directly or with extension (the directions say to use extension). Then in theory if your Carsara box works you should be able to see and use it. ( hold down menu button to switch screen to Carsara) Without the head unit pink connection going into carsara input connection you'll however not see the bmw idrive menu you used to see.
Appreciate 0