View Single Post
      12-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #21
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
Just knocked this out this past weekend and figured I'd add some additional torque values for those who go my route or just need the torque values in general. My original subframe was damaged just like e46m3tony when one of my front diff bolts snapped. So I ended up buying a brand new subframe from ECS tuning and transferring the wheel carrier, it's associated arms and the stabilizer bar over to the new subframe. I have access to a tech manual, but for those who don't here are the torque specs.

Stabilizer bar to subframe = 21 NM
Stabilizer bar to Stabilizer link = 58 NM

Trailing arm to subframe = 100 NM
Trailing arm to wheel carrier = 100 NM

Guide arm to subframe = 100 NM
Guide arm to wheel carrier = 100 NM + 90 degree turn

Upper control arm to subframe = 100 NM
Upper control arm to wheel carrier = 100 NM + 90 degree turn

Toe arm to subframe = 100 NM
Toe arm to wheel carrier = 100 NM

Camber arm to subframe = 165 NM
Camber arm to wheel carrier = 165 NM

Compression strut (or V brace as tony calls it, either way it's the 2 black support bars that connect the front of your subframe to where your x-pipe is mounted)

Compression strut to x-pipe mount = 24 NM
Compression strut to chassis (2 E torx slightly forward of front subframe mounting point) = 47 NM + 90 degree turn
Compression strut to subframe = 100 NM which is of course the same torque as the subframe, since the 2 pieces are joined together

Another side note. Tony used a lift table when removing his subframe and diff, I used my transmission jack, works just as well, just ensure the chain is snug around whatever you're raising or lowering.

Thanks to e46m3tony for starting the initial thread, and I hope this additional info helps those who need it.
Quick question:

How many bolts/screws are there on EACH v brace? I'm confused about what realoem is telling me... Let me know if my below understanding is correct:

Mounting v brace to area near x pipe bracket (item no. 05)
-2x?
-M8 or M12?
-24 NM? (seems low for a big bolt)

Mounting v brace to body (item no. 06)
-2x?
-47 NM + 90 degree
-are they of different lengths? one is 35 mm and the other 25?

TIA!

Name:  vbrace.png
Views: 18270
Size:  339.6 KB
Appreciate 0