North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Can't answer all but wouldn't use halo on street. Slider won't allow you enough room to put wheels in, would have to be shoved in your trunk and thru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Halo is absolutely illegal for street use.
They're illegal? Racing shop didn't tell me that when I asked about street use. Sparco Ergo could be an option then.

I'm not doing any wheel sliding through trunk. Hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
You can get VAC floor mounts which extend backwards quit a bit and hence specify left or right side of vehicle.

You could install the driver side on the passenger side so the extension goes forward rather than backward and mount the slider more toward the front. Then you can slide the seat way forwards to get to the rear and slide it back decent enough for others.

This seems like a good option. Do you think safety could be compromised if I were to do this?

I have EAS MS and VAC hardware one on each side. The vac one is better in terms of adjustability and options when fitting shit in. I spent one weekend and then another weekend fiddling with them and the vac one was so much easier to play around with to get everything right.

Yeah, I've been eying the VAC mounts. So much adjustability with them.

Also I have EAS MS side mounts and have to use spacers but a bit too much of it so I'm switching to the Sparco universal side lmount....again because of tons of adjustability. See pic.

I'm probably going to get these ones. Should be enough adjustability for me.

Someone got an ergo on here but I think it was fatter than the average bear so make sure it fits in your car.

I've seen photos of them installed on E46, but I'll make sure they fit before purchase if I go with them.

No such thing as folding race seats? It'll prob collapse in an impact.

My bad. Whatever these things are. Honestly, after thinking about it, I don't think I should get folding seats. Not much different than OE seats, besides more lateral support. Very ugly btw.

Don't know how fast you're going or the chances of actually having impact that you need a halo seat. I understand if you are going 10/10 side by side wheel to wheel racing but for hpde or time attack not sure.

I was anal about safety but also have to measure what the chances are of impact. I like open hot laps so I either pass or let pass or even pit in to create space so didn't think I needed full blown halo seats. Knock on wood.

Like bigjae said. Get your ass planted in the seat, control the car better and more relaxed as a result - less chance of crashing.

Not going fast, but I don't know, I would hate to screw up really bad and be involved in a side collision with a wall or something, hurting my neck.

I had no close calls at my last event and have been doing autocross to practice car control, most recently this past Sunday (I feel a lot more confident detecting grip levels and controlling car during oversteer). Tires have shit grip making it easier to experiment in the parking lot.

Last edited by Kong Sheng Han; 04-08-2016 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 0