View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #16
SkysTheLimit
Mspired
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Thank you still haven't installed that M2 spoiler I got from you by the way. It's on the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Love it. Great spec!
Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post
So awesome to read stories like this. Your persistence paid off well!

Congrats on the car and can't wait to see what else you do with it
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you enjoyed reading - it sure did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOcouture View Post
Austin, you bastard! That's such an awesome combo congrats!
Thanks Matt, I couldn't help myself

4/20 Update:
OK now for some updates. Did a few things since the first string so here goes:
  • IND Gloss Black Front Grilles
  • 6000K LED Angel Eyes
  • Rep CF Performance Splitters
  • Euro coding via Carly (max bright AE's, Euro hazards, sidemarker delete, etc.)
  • OEM F10 M5 lighted knob and boot

Amazing what a few things can do to clean up the front end. Anyway, apologies for the dirty car. Here's a before:

In-progress CARLY coding:

Dirty after:

I love the IND grilles. Perfect fitment. The AE's do their dim outer ring thing. This is to be expected without a full LED ring conversion. But for the price paid, I have no complaints. It's easily an upgrade from the standard orange halogen bulbs.

I got the splitters used from a friend. They're not perfect, but how could I go wrong? Makes me feel less bad if anything happens to them. They'll protect the bottom of the bumper, and I also have a backup set ready to go. Plus, they're completely removable.

Here are a couple of less-dirty shots. The front end of the car is covered in clear film that will need a light polish. I'll be working on this when I get the car sealed up.

Interior shot of the completed F10 M5 knob install. I opted to remove the factory ring from the factory M3 knob, cut down the F10 boot, and re-glue that to the factory ring using contact cement. Came out 95%; with my OCD, I might go back in with some more glue to achieve 100%.

Speed cloth closeup

As you can see, the car is quite immaculate both inside and out. I intend to keep it that way.

Finally, here's a random shot with the 2 cars from the day the DCT sold:

I did a shoot at a local park but haven't been able to go through all of the photos. I'll post them here when I get a chance.

Enjoy!
Gone but not forgotten: 2011.5 E90 M3 ZCP DCT, 2007 E92 335i, 2006 E90 325i, 1998 E36 M3, 1999 E36 323is
Appreciate 3
BOOF-M34451.50
Montaver2182.00
EnVe461037.50