03-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #69
S65 Underdog
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a functional car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
It's right on the side of the trans. Are you sure you weren't confusing it with something else? My shop had no problem with it.
Well either your shop took in my opinion a great deal of time or lied to you (I am guessing the second). Since I have time I will give a more detailed explanation to you of my DIY experience compared to a "my shop had no problem, are you confused" post.

Image A:

Image A: Number eight on this image shows you the location of the filter. The filter has a circle cover with a circle retaining pin to secure the filter cap.

Image B:

Image B: Shows the filter blocked by what seems to be lines connected to the DCT's pump system.

Also, when I was underneath my car I realized the difficulty of replacing the filter and it almost seems impossible without removing these lines (I am sure you can tell) and I couldn't find a point to remove these lines and honestly didn't want to go that far into it. Like I had said before in my last post, the fluid was so clean I wasn't even worried about the filter. I am talking so clean I could have poured it into bottles and sold it to you new none the wiser.
Appreciate 0