Thread: M 335d
View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #125
daveN007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Funny thread

I am installing my Burger Motorsports JBD today in my 335d.

I never thought of the 335d as something that competes with M cars.

Mine has the M-Sport package, and it feels very mildly M-like (I have owned M3s). It is a 4000 pound car, though.

As a practical matter, the only place that an M3's greater potential can be realized is on a race track. Then it is all about the driver.

If you have never driven on a race track, then you have no idea what I am talking about. Until you show up in an E46 M3 and get passed by a Miata, it is impossible to believe that it is possible.

For your entertainment, here is a video of me following my brother driving his M5 and trying to avoid running into him (I am in Porsche) at Laguna Seca. Read the description for the purpose of the video. You should get a kick out of it.
"Published on Nov 8, 2012
Testing the claim that the Tesla S is as good as the new M5. Porsche Cayman R camera chase car. average laps 1:48 with a 1:47 best for the M5 with clearly an opportunity to improve. Tesla S lap time was established by factory driver at a separate event. Tesla owners declined to participate in actual track test, so this was the best test we could manage. Best lap to date is a 1:51 by a factory driver in a Model S. Unclear if it was a completely stock performance edition.
"

On the street, my soon-to-be 500 pound feet of torque is as much "M" as I need. If I need more "M", I reach for the "P".

M = Too Much McDonalds in 2013, by the way.

Last edited by daveN007; 10-11-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0