Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
I LOVE tweaking the little things that go into tracking the car.
Me too. That's what I love about motorsport. There is endless tweaking that you can do. And I love that setups can differ from track to track. I have really enjoyed learning what each mod does for me. I've tried to add parts to the car one-by-one as much as possible so that I can feel the result.

Caging the car, and then feeling the differences from the whole job all at once totally threw me for a loop. That was one massive wholesale change. Heck, just driving with a race seat, harness and neck restraint was totally new. hehe just getting in and out of a caged car was totally new for me! So many new sensations. Over the last 3.5 years, as I've been driving more and more on track, I've felt that one thing I've constantly improved upon was my ability to tune things out and focus on certain things. There's so much noise and distractions and physical sensations when you're on track that it's overwhelming. As time goes on, I've learned to tune things out and focus on what I want. When I first got in the caged car-----oh my god----- it was just sensory overload all over again. haha! It was SO much louder inside, all the windows were "down" (gone), a harness and neck restraint pressing on all sorts of body parts, I was sitting quite a bit lower than stock, the suspension acts differently with the weight change---gotta figure new settings there, there were way more vibrations with all sound deadening out along with urethane engine mounts, the car was super tail happy before the wing, I was jammed into a race seat, car braking and turning was different. hehe my senses were back into full overload like when I was a newbie. This civil, leather-interior, fairly quiet car had turned into what seemed like a raging monster by comparison. But over the last 5 track days, I've regained quite a bit of control over my senses. And I'm much more aware of the process this time. It's really an awesome feeling to now be getting comfortable in this new setup. The car is awesome. Now if only I could look a little more graceful when getting out of it……
Appreciate 0