View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #1317
CaptainPunPants
Knows just enough to be dangerous
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quick follow up on my previous installation:

I finally installed the unit inside the dash on my E60, between the two cupholders. I ran the mic cable up to the overhead console, but I put in a 2nd mic from the junkyard, replacing the dummy on the passenger side. This way the car and Kremersino V2 use different mics.

I found a really nice trick for the AUX in: use the AUX in port from a car with the snap-in phone adapter. It's the 6-pin connector that auto-switches between inputs.

I have the Kremersino V2 wired into the "phone" input inside the armrest/console (hidden away). I soldered a 3.5mm plug to that leg of the harness. Then, if I plug anything into the actual aux jack in the storage compartment, it overrides the Kremersino so I don't lose AUX functionality. And there aren't any visible cables inside the console. The AUX jack output is wired the same way it was, back to the COMBOX in the trunk.

With BrettCP's EQ settings, the audio quality is more than passable. I find the quality of the source audio is now what determines the sound quality again, and it's at least as good as COMBOX bluetooth quality.
Appreciate 2
derbo3607.00
brettcp348.00